0 votes
in Old Prelims Solved Question Papers by (4.9k points)

Statement-I: Recently United States of America (USA) and European Union (EU) have launched the Trade and Technology Council.

Statement-II: The USA and EU claim that through this they are trying to bring technological progress and physical productivity under their control.

Which one of the following is correct in respect of the above statements?

(a) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct, and Statement-II is the correct explanation for Statement-I.

(b) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct, and Statement-II is not the correct explanation for Statement-I.

(c) Statement-I is correct, but Statement-II is incorrect.

(d) Statement-I is incorrect, but Statement-II is correct.

1 Answer

0 votes
by (4.9k points)

Answer:(b) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct, and Statement-II is not the correct explanation for Statement-I.

Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct, but Statement-II is not the correct explanation for Statement-I.

Statement-I states that the United States of America (USA) and the European Union (EU) have launched the Trade and Technology Council, which is a recent development between the two entities.

Statement-II states that the USA and EU claim that through this initiative, they are trying to bring technological progress and physical productivity under their control. While the USA and EU may have various objectives and aims in launching the Trade and Technology Council, the statement does not directly explain or provide a correct explanation for the launch of the council as mentioned in Statement-I.