0 votes
in Old Prelims Solved Question Papers by (4.9k points)

Statement-I: Switzerland is one of the leading exporters of gold in terms of value.

Statement-II: Switzerland has the second-largest gold reserves in the world.

Which one of the following is correct in respect of the above statements?

(a) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct, and Statement-II is the correct explanation for Statement-I.

(b) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct, and Statement-II is not the correct explanation for Statement-I.

(c) Statement-I is correct, but Statement-II is incorrect.

(d) Statement-I is incorrect, but Statement-II is correct.

1 Answer

0 votes
by (4.9k points)

Answer:(b)Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct, but Statement-II is not the correct explanation for Statement-I.

Statement-I states that Switzerland is one of the leading exporters of gold in terms of value. This means that Switzerland plays a significant role in exporting gold globally.

Statement-II states that Switzerland has the second-largest gold reserves in the world. This indicates that Switzerland possesses a considerable amount of gold reserves.

While both statements are correct, Statement-II does not provide a direct explanation for Statement-I. The fact that Switzerland has substantial gold reserves does not inherently explain why it is one of the leading exporters of gold in terms of value. There could be various factors contributing to Switzerland's position as a leading exporter, such as its refining capabilities, trading infrastructure, or global partnerships.