0 votes
in Old Prelims Solved Question Papers by (7.3k points)

Statement-I: Israel has established diplomatic relations with some Arab States.

Statement-II: The 'Arab Peace Initiative' mediated by Saudi Arabia was signed by Israel and the Arab League.

Which one of the following is correct in respect of the above statements?

(a) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct and Statement-II is the correct explanation for Statement-I

(b) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct and Statement-II is not the correct explanation for Statement-I

(c) Statement-I is correct but Statement-II is incorrect

(d) Statement-I is incorrect but Statement-II is correct

1 Answer

0 votes
by (7.3k points)

Answer:(a) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct, and Statement-II is the correct explanation for Statement-I.

Explanation:

Statement-I is correct as Israel has indeed established diplomatic relations with some Arab states in recent years. This represents a significant shift in the region's geopolitical dynamics.

Statement-II is also correct as the 'Arab Peace Initiative' mediated by Saudi Arabia was proposed in 2002 and later endorsed by the Arab League. The initiative offered a comprehensive peace plan, including the normalization of relations between Israel and Arab states in exchange for Israeli withdrawal from occupied territories.

Therefore, both statements are correct, and Statement-II provides the correct explanation for Statement-I, indicating the connection between Israel's diplomatic relations with Arab states and the Arab Peace Initiative.