0 votes
in Old Prelims Solved Question Papers by (7.3k points)
  1. When the Lok Sabha transmits the Finance Bill to the Rajya Sabha, it can amend or reject the Bill.

1. When the Lok Sabha transmits the Finance Bill to the Rajya Sabha, it cannot amend or reject the Bill; it can only make recommendations.

1. In the case of disagreement between the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha, there is no joint sitting for the Money Bill, but a joint sitting becomes necessary for the Finance Bill.

How many of the above statements are correct?

(a) Only one

(b) Only two

(c) All three

(d) None

1 Answer

0 votes
by (7.3k points)

Answer:(b) Only two

Financial bills (i): Article 117 (1)

It includes not only the subjects stated in Article 110 of the Constitution but also other legislative provisions.

Financial bill (i) is comparable to the money bill in two ways. Firstly, both of these bills can only originate in the Lok Sabha and not Rajya Sabha. Secondly, both the bills can be introduced only on the President's advice.

A financial bill (i) follows the same parliamentary procedures as any ordinary bill.

A finance bill (I) follows the same parliamentary process as an ordinary bill in all other respects.

It can therefore be rejected or changed by the Rajya Sabha, with the exception that no amendment�other than one that lowers or abolishes taxes�can be introduced in either House without the president's approval.

The president may call a joint session of the two Houses if they cannot agree on such a measure. This will end the impasse.

When the measure is presented to the President, he has three options: to approve it, decline to do so, or send it back to the Houses for further consideration.

Financial bills (ii): Article 117 (3)

A financial bill (II) does not contain any of the items listed in Article 110, but it does contain measures impacting Consolidated Fund of India spending.

It is regarded as an ordinary bill and is handled in every way by the same parliamentary process as an ordinary bill.

This bill's sole unique feature is that neither House of Parliament may pass it without the President first requesting that it be brought up for consideration.

Financial bill (ii) can be filed in either house of the Parliament and the President's approval is not required.

However, the President's suggestion can be taken during the consideration stage of the bill.

It can be rejected or amended by either House of Parliament. The President may call a joint session of the two Houses if they cannot agree on such a measure. This will end the impasse.

When the measure is presented to the President, he has three options: to approve it, decline to do so, or send it back to the Houses for further consideration.