0 votes
in DO You Know This? by (4.9k points)

2 Answers

0 votes
by (4.9k points)
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) divides countries into three groups: Annex I, Annex II, and non-Annex I countries.

Annex I countries are developed countries that have historically contributed the most to greenhouse gas emissions. They are required to take the lead in reducing emissions and provide financial and technological support to developing countries.

Annex II countries are a subset of Annex I countries and are considered to be more economically developed. They are required to provide financial and technological assistance to developing countries to help them mitigate and adapt to climate change.

Non-Annex I countries are developing countries that have lower greenhouse gas emissions and less financial resources to address climate change. They are not required to make emission reduction commitments, but they are encouraged to take voluntary actions to reduce emissions.

Annex I countries have the greatest responsibility to take action on climate change, followed by Annex II countries who have a responsibility to support developing countries, and finally, non-Annex I countries who require assistance and support from Annex I and Annex II countries to address climate change.
0 votes
by (4.9k points)

[Developed Countries]

/      \

[Annex I]         [Annex II]

\               /

\             /

\           /

[Developing Countries]

|

[Non-Annex I]

by (4.9k points)

START

|

V

Is the country a developed country with significant greenhouse gas emissions?

|

V

YES --> Annex I ----------------------------------------> END

|

V

Is the country a subset of Annex I and considered to be more economically developed?

|

V

YES --> Annex II --------------------------------------> END

|

V

Does the country have lower greenhouse gas emissions and less financial resources to address climate change?

|

V

YES --> Non-Annex I ------------------------------------> END