0 votes
in Old Prelims Solved Question Papers by (7.3k points)

Statement-I: India's public sector healthcare system largely focuses on curative care with limited preventive, promotive, and rehabilitative care.

Statement-II: Under India's decentralized approach to healthcare delivery, the states are primarily responsible for organizing health services.

Which one of the following is correct in respect of the above statements?

(a) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct and Statement-II is the correct explanation for Statement-I

(b) Both Statement-I and Statement-II are correct and Statement-II is not the correct explanation for Statement-I

(c) Statement-I is correct, but Statement-II is incorrect

(d) Statement-I is incorrect, but Statement-II is correct

1 Answer

0 votes
by (7.3k points)

Answer:(c) Statement-I is correct, but Statement-II is incorrect.

Explanation:

Statement-I states that India's public sector healthcare system largely focuses on curative care with limited preventive, promotive, and rehabilitative care. This statement is correct. India's healthcare system has traditionally been more curative-focused, with a greater emphasis on treating diseases rather than preventing them. However, in recent years, efforts have been made to strengthen preventive and promotive healthcare through initiatives such as immunization programs, health education campaigns, and the establishment of primary healthcare centers.

Statement-II states that under India's decentralized approach to healthcare delivery, the states are primarily responsible for organizing health services. This statement is incorrect. While healthcare delivery in India involves both central and state governments, the responsibility for organizing health services is shared between the central and state governments. The central government formulates national health policies and provides overall guidance, while the state governments are responsible for implementing and managing healthcare services within their respective states.