The Economy book by Ramesh Singh covers a wide range of topics related to economics, including:
1. Introduction to Economics: This chapter provides an overview of the discipline of economics and its various branches, such as microeconomics and macroeconomics.
2. Demand and Supply: This chapter discusses the concepts of demand and supply, and how they interact to determine the price and quantity of goods and services in a market.
3. Market Structures: This chapter covers different types of market structures, such as perfect competition, monopolistic competition, oligopoly, and monopoly.
4. Production and Cost: This chapter discusses the factors of production and the different types of costs that firms face, including fixed costs, variable costs, and total costs.
5. Factor Prices: This chapter covers the various factors that determine the price of labor, capital, and land.
6. Market Failure: This chapter discusses the various ways in which markets can fail to allocate resources efficiently, including externalities and market power.
7. Money and Banking: This chapter covers the role of money in an economy, as well as the functions of the central bank and commercial banks.
8. Inflation and Unemployment: This chapter discusses the causes and consequences of inflation and unemployment, and the policy measures used to address these issues.
9. National Income: This chapter covers the concepts of national income, GDP, and GNP, and how they are used to measure the economic performance of a country.
10. Public Finance: This chapter discusses the role of government in an economy, including its role in tax policy, spending, and budgeting.